FW Presents: Kung Fu Friday Jackie Chan Double Feature!

Fire and Water Presents the third episode of Kung Fu Friday, a podcast that hopes to make you discover the great films of Asian Action Cinema. Siskoid and Pulp2Pixels' Dr. G, Man of Nerdology, tackle true action icon Jackie Chan, covering some of his greatest hits, Rumble in the Bronx (1994) and Police Story (1985). Plus, the Move of the Week and our recommendations for further viewing!

Listen to FW Presents: Kung Fu Friday Jackie Chan Double Feature HERE!

Or you can right-click “download”, choose “Save Target/Link As”, and select a location on your computer to save the file (38 MB).

Trailers and scenes from Rumble in the Bronx and Police Story, starring Jackie Chan:

Vintage trailer for Rumble in the Bronx


Spoil yourself: The punk hideout fight!


Vintage trailer for Police Story


Spoil yourself: The mall fight, in which Police Story becomes Glass Story!


Special credits: "Kung Fu" by Ash; "Hero Story" by Jackie Chan.

What are YOUR favorite Jackie Chan movies? Let us know in the comments!

Comments

Unknown said…
The first Jackie Chan movie I saw was Rumble in the Bronx. I went with some friends who were more familiar with him and saw it on the big screen. It was fun, but what sold me 100% was the bloopers at the end. The idea that this guy did his own insanely wonderful stunts blew me away! I was hooked from that day forward!

Now, I think I've seen nearly every Jackie Chan movie (even that Karate Kid remake, ugh), read his autobiography, and played the role my friends did for me, many times over...introducing Jackie Chan to the poor unfortunate souls who don't yet know his genius.
Siskoid said…
Wow Tim, I can't claim such fandom. You excited for The Foreigner? I saw the trailer the same week I was editing the episode, so it was too late to have mentioned it on the podcast.

What are your very favorite Jackie films?