A Song for Friday the 13th: A New Beginning

Wolfie's Just Fine, Montreal-based comedy singer Jon Lajoie's more "serious" project recently came out with "A New Beginning", as song chronicling how Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (the fifth film in the slasher franchise) stirred something deep in his young self. The sex, the gore, it was all so exciting and disturbing all at once. I'm just in love with it. Let's listen. Fair warning: There's soft nudity and gore in the video.



Look! It's that kid from Lights Out! (I saw it last week so it's enough of a coincidence to get me to write this post. Kid's specializing in the horror genre, I guess.)

Now, I'm not a fan of the slasher genre, and I don't think I've ever seen Friday V, but like the kid in the story, horror films tended to freak me out as a kid. I couldn't really handle them. There was a limit to my acting brave and cool in front of my friends when an older boy by sneak R-rated videos into the house. As the adult who used to be that kid, I appreciate the sentiment, and am now quite inured to horror and gore. 80s flicks like Friday the 13th almost seem quaint by today's standards. And I love the chorus, "Here comes Jason!"

And if you don't know Jon's comedy stuff, let me recommend what are probably his biggest hits, "Please Use This Song", it's pretty great (video ending may be upsetting however); and "Everyday Normal Guy" (NTFW lyrics).

Comments