A Puzzle to Drive You Buggy

A little activity for you folk that features one (1) character that will be covered in the next episode of oHOTmu or NOT? which, if everything goes to plan, will come out tomorrow. Well, we'll see. The girls went camping for the weekend and either they'll come back tired and loopy (which is GOOD for the show), or they'll come back tired and sleepy, in which case the recording may happen later that planned, and I won't have time to finish the edit.

But if not today, soon enough.

So, do you know your Marvel morts well enough to figure this puzzle out? I'll drop the answers in the comments on Friday, and no peeking at p.32 of Marvel's Fun and Games Magazine #9 before then!

Comments

joecab said…
Aw man I loved Owen McCarron's Marvel puzzles! Even as a kid I was a puzzle fiend (as well as a Marvel zombie) and I could tell this guy could not only draw but he knew his Marvel comics and how to write a good puzzle.
Anonymous said…
Hmmm, I know all of them except #1...I can't quite place him (and I'm not sure what the insect is...a katydid? a cricket, maybe?); the rest I recognize, though I won't spoil it for everyone.

Mike W.
Siskoid said…
Update: They were tired-dead. So it's gonna have to wait for next week.
joecab said…
I won't spoil #1 but he appeared in an early X-Men (1966). Also, pretty forgettable.
Siskoid said…
Belated answers, as promised:

1. E (Locust)
2. A (Yellowjacket)
3. H (Mantis)
4. C (Ant)
5. G (Fly)
6. B (Beetle)
7. F (Wasp)
8. D (Cockroach)