Two Weeks of Pain, Starring the Red Bee

Major crunch at work (boo) for the next two weeks leading up to my three-week vacation (yay). In other words, I need to reduce the amount of work I have to do on the blog until then. Obviously, you can expect K9 material until I'm done with that show, but I'm not going to start on the next big project until July 7th. New content every day, but most days, I'm going to get bailed out by Golden Age "great" the Red Bee. Apparently, his getting hit the head was a major trope in his strips, and looking at scans, it appears to be true. I guess his home, Hit Comics, was named for the number of times its heroes got hit in the noggin.
From Hit Comics #9. More hits spread across the next two weeks!

Comments

SallyP said…
I don't know...I think that Hal Jordan still has him beat.

But I do wish you could see his amazing striped leggings. So...so stylish.
Siskoid said…
Hal had the longer career, but Red Bee was the pioneer.

Also, Tintin.
Wriphe said…
It's starting to look like Red Bee's super power is coming back from the dead.
Jeremy Patrick said…
In Buffy, Giles was so famous for getting knocked over the head that they made a bit of a running joke over it.