3 Reasons William Shatner Can't Become Governor General of Canada

Yeah, so yesterday, I was all, like, yeah baby, the Shat should definitely become Governor General of Canada. At the very least, he might come to my town! But the more I think about it, it probably wouldn't be a good idea...

1. He's a complete LOON. I know he's taking the piss when he accuses Nimoy of stuff in various DVD interviews, but his dry wit might confuse those who don't know better (like George Takei). I'm a little afraid of what he would say about Canada.

2. Directed Star Trek V.

3. Most importantly, he doesn't want to. (And that's really the bottom line, isn't it?)

Prime Minister? Hey, why not?? (Here I go again... somebody talk me down from my tree...)

Comments

De said…
I still have a soft spot for various parts of Star Trek V. However, the film as a whole is a train wreck.
Siskoid said…
I enjoy making fun of it, but I do like the character moments.
He just doesn't want to do work. That is why he don't want PM. But show him the house and tell him he can keep horsies in the main hall and he will be all over it.

Plus he will have a stuffy british talking majordomo around all the time to hustle him out of a room and say things like - "Mr Shatner has had too much punch with the Ambassador from Goofistan. He go sleeping now."
Siskoid said…
Which is worse than the Harperbot HOW exactly?
Siskoid said…
And The Shat could win the election simply by posing a problem a computer can't solve and watch Harper blow up.
fred said…
Or have huge bilboard posters with "Shat happens" and "A vote for Kirk is a vote for Kanada" and other catchy phrases