Kung Fu Fridays in March: Ladies' Month

I've been preparing this for a while, but never had four movies on the shelf I knew to be female action star vehicles at the same time. So My Young Auntie was worked into another month, and I'm sorry to say Michelle Yeoh isn't represented. Sigh. So all my picks for March seem to be swordplay pictures, not that there's anything wrong with that. People invited at to the apartment this month will be able to enjoy...

Chocolate - I haven't seen a Thai action movie by Tony Jaa's crew that hasn't been absolutely kickass. She's sweet but deadly!

Legend of the Black Scorpion - Zhang Ziyi stars and so gets featured on my poster for March's films. The epic is inspired by Hamlet, so might it show up in my other blog?

The Legend of the Shadowless Sword - It feels like I'm doing another Asian Tour, what with this one being from Korea. I don't know anything about ancient Korea, but I bet it's pretty cool. Anyway, I have a real weakness for anything "shadowless" since Iron Monkey.

Come Drink With Me - We end with a classic Shaw Bros. film, one of the first in the genre, featuring a young Cheng Pei-pei you might recognize as the evil Fox in Crouching Tiger.

So let's look forward to the last month of winter and to some truly kickass martial arts heroines!

Comments