This Week in Geek (28/01-03/02/08)

Buys

When it wasn't snowing, raining or slushing, it was things at work going crazy. Result: Not much energy or will to go shopping.

"Accomplishments"

Completed 15 cards from my Doctor Who CCG, all from the episode "Smith and Jones", including one with my favorite quote:Yay, space rhinos!

Flipped Torchwood Series 1, so I can now start watching the new Series. You know, I'd actually forgotten how good it actually got in its second half there. The first half has a few good episodes, but is also trying to find its tone, and there are bits that are over the top as far as sex and violence go that are just ill-considered in my opinion. From "They Keep Killing Suzie" onward, I think it's all good-to-excellent though. The DVD offers plenty of extras: Deleted scenes, outtakes (with John Barrowman, these are inevitable), and features on each episode and aspect of the show, as well as commentary tracks by various members of the cast and crew on each episode. It's a good package.

Someone Else's Post of the Week
Yes, Though I could just as easily mentioned his post on Superman vs. TRS-80 or the one about Thor in Greek being Oop, Slay Monstrobot of the Deep first slayed me this week with Mismatch of the Millenium, pitting Thor against Stilt-Man. Always entertaining, if Snell's blog isn't on your daily reading list, you should make room for it!

Comments

snell said…
I blush at your kind words, sir.