Our Boys vs... The X-Men!

So I went to one of the championship games last night. Bass had a stray ticket, so yeah I went. "But Siskoid," I can hear you say, "why are you talking about sports? That is a most ungeekly thing to be talking about, even after your hockey post earlier in the week. Where's Rom Spaceknight #1? Where's the debate on which polyhedral dice is the best? WHERE IS THE DOCTOR WHO GOODNESS?"

You have a point, but look, I get there, and we're playing the St. Francis Xavier X-Men. THE X-MEN! Sports, schmorts, it was the perfect excuse for a major geek-out. In short order, we'd renamed every player with Uncanny X-Men counterparts and just waited for the penalty calls to come in. (As Bass said, the SFX players' names seemed to be just a jumble of letters picked out of a hat, which isn't too far-off from Marvel's mutant-naming policy in the 90s anyway.)

We waited in vain for a fastball special, and watched with glee as Will Verine got 2 minutes for high snicking. Power play piled on top of power play as Colossus got a penalty for going out with a minor. (I don't know how they roll in the Ukraine, but dude, Kitty Pryde's 15 years old... As a 15-year-old myself at the time, I was not impressed.)Anyway, great game, and our boys TORCHED the X-Men. Yay! Down with mutie! I'll let you know tomorrow night how it all ended.

Comments