Loving the Destro

You know, Cobra Commander is all well and good, and the the Baroness is frickin' HOT, and well, if you like ninjas*, I guess you'd pimp Storm Shadow. But how about some lovin' for Destro?
Cobra Commander's right-hand man was the first G.I. Joe action figure we ever got at our house (though I did have the big bearded doll when I was even younger), complete with some kind of battle tank or copter, not sure which. Dude's got a vacuum-formed metal head, man! How could we ever let Woolworth's keep him?!?

And he looks rockin' as drawn by Mike Zeck (truth be told, what lantern-jawed character doesn't?).

Stuff you might not have known about Destro:

He's Scottish! I don't remember a brogue in the cartoon show, but I certainly didn't make him talk like Fat Bastard in the schoolyard. Furthermore, he's Laird of Castle Destro, so Destro is a proud and historical Scottish name. Wow. I wonder what their kilt looks like. I bet it's vacuum-formed and metallic.

He was the Baroness' lover, and as I said earlier, she was smokin'! Girl likes the head bling.

What did Destro do before working with Cobra? Glad you asked:

He worked for Hitler. And you don't get a bigger villain. He traded down, really.

So there you have it. Destro: Highlander, arms merchant, metalhead, terrorist, lover and Nazi. Give it up.

*Yes, I know full well that the plural of ninja is ninja. Get your shuriken back into your pocket, grasshopper. Sit down. Take a break. Find your center... Thaaaaaaat's it.

Comments