This Week in Geek (15-21/01/07)

A pretty busy week so hardly any time to properly geek out...

Buys

Nothing. I did try to get a copy of the World of Warcraft expansion Burning Crusade, but I was less disappointed than my, uhm, "guild" that I couldn't lay my hands on it. Since I haven't played Warcrap since October, and am losing the next 4 weekends to improv activities, it's not like I was really going to play anytime soon. A post on this subject later, I promise

"Accomplishments"

I'm trying to get through as many Doctor Who audios as I can, even during work hours (instead of listening to music during "drone work", I can easily get through at least one disc). This week, I finished Gallifrey vol. 1: Weapon of Choice (who can resist a series starring both Romana and Leela?), Phantasmagoria (the 5th Doctor plays cards with the devil), and Whispers of Terror (the 6th Doc vs. a sentient sound wave, Big Finish's first classic).

And speaking of Doctor Who, about 15 new additions to my WhoCCG.

Other than that I finished Halo 2 (ends like Pirates of the Carribean 2, i.e. totally unresolved), so i restarted it at Heroic (of course).

Today, we managed to squeeze in a role-playing session for our DCHeroes Crusaders campaign. I used the Huntress adventure in the Hot Pursuit anthology, "Enter the Dragon". They made short work of the villains, of course, but it was good for developing subplots with our favorite NPC.

Oh and I don't know if this counts, but at the improv practice, I handed off a couple of volumes of Chris Ware's ACME Novelty Library to one of my players and asked him to read up and bring ideas based on Ware's style for some improv games. The hand-off came with one simple word: "Irreplaceable". On Wednesday, we'll see if that worked or if I'm gonna receive a couple of soggy tea-stained rags in return.

Website finds

That's right! 24 started this week, and to celebrate, how about this site: Jack Bauer's Killcount. It's a lovely database of each of Jack's kills, with pictures and video clips. Up to date for each season including this week's "vampire bite"!

One site I frequently redirect people to is The Gay League's list of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered or just confused comics characters. Why people ask me about this subject is beyond me.

And speaking of gay superheroes, if you've never seen Superdickery.com, you really ought to check it out. This gallery of compromising panels will blow your mind. Superman, a dick? Noooo. Batman and Robin, gay duo? Surely not! Well, make up your own mind.

Back with more "accomplishments" next Sunday!

Comments